Croydon’s Central Park is within easy reach of the Town Centre and East Croydon Train Station & Tram Stop. Why not drop by and explore?
All park are open from 8.00am all year round.
The main entrance will be the last gate to be locked.
Closing times are effective from the first Monday of each Month.
January | 8.00am – 4.00pm (Main gate closes 4.30pm)
February | 8.00am – 5.00pm (Main gate closes 5.30pm)
March | 8.00am – 6.00pm (Main gate closes 6.30pm)
April | 8.00am – 7.30pm (Main gate closes 800pm)
May | 8.00am – 8.30pm (Main gate closes 9.00pm)
June | 8.00am – 9.00pm (Main gate closes 9.30pm)
July | 8.00am – 9.00pm (Main gate closes 9.30pm)
August | 8.00am – 8.00pm (Main gate closes 8.30pm)
September | 8.00am – 7.00pm (Main gate closes 7.30pm)
October | 8.00am – 6.00pm (Main gate closes 6.30pm)
November | 8.00am – 4.00pm (Main gate closes 4.30pm)
December | 8.00am – 4.00pm (Main gate closes 4.30pm)
Open to the public. We run regular gardening sessions 10am-12noon on Saturdays. Please refer to event page for more info.
Water Tower Teas
Open from Spring to Autumn offering drinks, light refreshments and parks.
© Artwork by Lis Watkins, Line and Wash
The park’s tennis courts are managed and operated for Better (GLL). They are free to use, however they must be pre-booked prior to use.
Tennis court rules:
- All players should respect others and vacate the tennis courts when required to do so.
- Please visit the Better (GLL) website here to book the courts and view upcoming programmed activity sessions.
- These tennis courts are for tennis and other structured managed sessions only. Please use the Multi-use Games Areas for all other ball games.
- Please report any faults or defects with the courts or equipment to GLL on 020 3794 9899.
- GLL cannot accept any responsibility for loss, damaged or injury whilst using these courts.
- In the event of an emergency, please call the Emergency Services (999). Your location is Park Hill (CR0 5PB).
We are looking for a volunteers to form a group to provide ideas for the playground. If you are interested, please contact us.
- Ornamental gardens
- Historic Pavillion
- Netball and basketball court
- Historic water tower